Hi! Did you miss me? I haven’t written since February because I had a baby (more on that later) and have been rather busy since then.
I wrote a whole post shortly after giving birth on what the experience was like but haven’t decided yet if I’m going to put it up, since I don’t know if I want the gory details alive on the net for ever and ever amen, but in a nutshell:
– It really hurts.
– Especially if you do it at home without pain relief like I did.
– I mean really, REALLY hurts. No joking. Seriously the most painful thing ever by the end of it.
– But it was totally OK.
– In fact, better than OK, it was totally awesome.
– I was also lucky in that onset of active labour –> birth was around 9 hours, not 18-24 like it is for some people. I had about 18 hours of inactive labour, though, which is more annoying than anything else. That made the whole “no pain relief” thing a lot easier to deal with than it might have been.
– And babby was 7 lbs 13 oz, not the behemoth I’d feared.
– And it was a boy! We named him Cecil.
– He looks like a tiny clone of Ben, only with beautiful slate-blue eyes.
– He too is totally awesome.
– In spite of the crying and the poo.
– Poo is a much bigger part of my life now than ever before.
– But I don’t mind.
– In fact if I had to break down early motherhood into a pie chart, it would be 50% breastfeeding, 25% poo, 10% cuteness, 10% laundry, and 5% screaming.
– In fact I think I’ll do just that:
– I have taken about a million pictures of this infant since he was born, as you will know if you follow me on Twitter. I will not post all of them now because I’ve just gotten a new computer (hooray!) and haven’t uploaded my pictures yet. I’ll stick to just one: