So I made up this recipe yesterday and it was totally awesome, so I’m sharing it. Serves two, though the way I’ve been eating lately it could have easily served just me.
Preheat your oven to 350F and toss:
– 1 pint cherry tomatoes (cut in half) or grape tomatoes (left whole)
– 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 tablespoon maple syrup
– 1 tsp salt
Roast for 45 minutes or so. Put in a heatproof container and add:
– 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
You could totally use fresh herbs, but I didn’t have any. Leave in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours.
Make some pasta (I used rotini). While it’s cooking, fry over medium high heat:
– a handful of green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
– 1/2 the oil from the tomatoes, plus about 1 tablespoon olive oil
until slightly browned and starting to shrivel. Add:
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
and fry for another minute. Add the tomatoes with the rest of the oil and cook for 4-5 minutes until the liquid is thickened. Turn heat to low and add pasta, tossing until coated. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top each serving with a handful of toasted walnut pieces. You *could* add Parmesan, but then what kind of vegan would you be?