So today. In numbers:
Woke up at
– 7 AM. Would be OK if I had gone to bed before
– 1:30 AM. So have to get through the day on
– 5 hours of sleep, starting with sending
– about 10 important emails about
– a zillion important things I’m juggling, then practicing
– around 12 quite difficult new pieces for
– 1 extremely long rehearsal that happens at
-10 AM tomorrow (I know!), then teaching for
– 4 1/2 hours not counting travel time, which involved
– about 30km of biking in
– -10C to -20C weather…
…And all made better by:
– one Tim Horton’s caramel apple fritter.
Yes. My last student gave me a donut. And that made everything awesome.
So now you know: if I’m tired or blue or just having a rough day, you don’t have to give me a back massage or buy me a present or pay me lavish compliments.
Just get me a donut. It seems to work.