H/T to Ali Berkok, Christine Bougie.
1. Envy – I resolve to no longer feel like crap if someone I know gets a gig I’d like to get. Henceforth, I’ll feel happy for them.
2. Timidity – Y’all probably don’t think I’m all that timid. Because I’m being timid. Just wait until I let the freak flag fly.
3. Fear of failure – If I fail, at least it means I’ve tried. I can’t stay afraid of trying any more.
4. Equivocation – I resolve to stand by my opinions and not hem and haw about them. Even in real life.
5. Ice cream – Yeah, I’m a vegan, but I love love LOVE ice cream. Non-dairy versions only in 2011.
6. Waste – As little garbage as possible for the next year.
7. Faking – Only real emotions from now on. Even when real emotions are awkward.
8. Attachment – Possessions are less important than people, than property, than morality. If I am forced to choose between things and my integrity, I will choose the latter.
9. Selflessness – I will no longer consider my own dreams or ambitions as unimportant.
10. Selfishness – I will no longer put my vanity ahead of my self-improvement.
11. Putting off haircuts and dental appointments – I’ll get my hair cut every 3 months and my teeth cleaned at least once.
OK, who said I had 11 *good* resolutions?