Me as a cartoon (at least I think it’s me):
I don’t know, it sort of looks like me when I’m not making any particular expression – totally bitchy.
Nuit Blanche, boys and girls!
So what has happened to me is this:
– Fallen Voices, then
– Nuit Blanche: 7-11 PM on stage in the cold (holy BLEEP was it cold), then Chinese food with Suzanne, meeting Caitlin and Meredith and trying to find something interesting. Mostly failing until we found “Ruby Venus” at 2 AM in the baseball diamond in Trinity Bellwoods Park. (An awesome modern dance piece starring 20 women in sexy red dresses and identical Marilyn Monroe wigs.) Then we went for fries. At 3 AM, when I was finally sure I wouldn’t have to go on for the last shift of the Springsteen piece (I had promised to fill in if someone slept in and didn’t show up), I suddenly got a fever. After lots of frustrating searches for streetcars I finally got a taxi and went home.
– Sunday: Sort of sick. Went to the mall to buy a picture frame and a new water bottle.
– Monday: Really sick. Felt like death. Lay around, watched movies, read.
– Tuesday: Somewhat better but not great. Cancelled lessons and lay around some more.
– Wednesday: Pretty much better, sort of stuffed-up and blah, but nothing more.
– Today: Mostly OK, Ben leaves for Germany.
Yes, Ben left for Germany to go on tour with a band called Friendly Rich and the Lollipop People. So I’m home alone again for a few weeks. 😦
I’ll be covering Ben’s lessons while he’s away, so I’ll be working something approaching normal full-time hours, so I’ll be busy…but I’ve promised him that I’ll take a picture every day of the dogs and send it to him. I’ll post them here as well, so if nothing else, there’ll be lots of cute doggy pictures as content.