I just put a second coat of sealant (basically a dilute acrylic-based glue) on the exposed brick wall in the bathroom. Looking around, I thought, “Hmm, there’s still a lot to do to this room.” So I made a list on what needs to be done. And I kept going…
…and holy mother of Christ, there’s a lot to do on this house.
Fortunately I think we can do most of the big stuff over the summer. (The bathroom and smaller stuff upstairs can probably be done over weekends and March break.) But when you find yourself writing things like “Rip out old kitchen cabinets/work area, replace with Rob and Reta’s old kitchen, repair hole behind sink cabinet, replace fluorescent light fixture, replace floor covering, build baffle for furnace, paint, build smaller fridge into wall” and that’s JUST ONE ROOM you start to freak out a little.
At least the sealant stuff worked. It goes on with a faint electric blue tinge but dries perfectly clear. Let’s hope it discourages the mold from coming back.