As another bit of proof that I am not a completely negative loser, here is a list of things that I like very much:
– Last week I bought an awesome, completely waterproof jacket. Not only is it awesome and good for all seasons (it has little under-arm zippers to vent it when it’s hot), it rolls up and fits into a little pouch, so you can take it with you wherever without having to wear it. Also I got it for $40.
– Gus has learned something, all on his own: When he’s sitting with me on the couch, Madeline will frequently howl at him and annoy him, trying to get him to jump off the couch and play. When he does jump down, she quickly jumps onto the couch and takes his spot. It’s only taken him almost until his third birthday, but he’s finally seen through this trick and, if he DOES jump down to play, he jumps back up before she does.
– I can now make a professional-quality squid hat.
– The Wonders of Modern Technology: I have access to a world of collaborative and interactive media, a world I can participate in instead of passively consume, and so does everyone else with an Internet connection and a pulse. This is good.
– The Torture Memos is up on Itunes. I’m writing this from my EEE so I can’t post the link, but search for it and it is there.
– I got my fountain pen working again.
– Ben has gotten to work on my Edith Sitwell opera.
That’s all I can think of for now. I’m going to be re-designing my real-life website over the next few weeks, so I’m sure I’ll have lots and lots and lots to complain about before it’s done….