I am waiting for a major piece of news which I should get before 8 PM. I’m not telling what it is, though those of you who are my Twitter or Facebook friends know already, but I still feel it would jinx things (yeah, I know) to write about it before it’s confirmed. That’s why I haven’t been posting much lately.
So here are some other things that have happened lately:
– I found a mouse in the garbage can. The next day I bought a better garbage can.
– I started working at my fall schedule again and found out that this “work” thing is really tiring. I’m at 85% booked and at the end of the night I feel like I’m going to die.
– Madeline ate a square of chocolate (plus some of its wrapper). Not enough to hurt her, but enough to make her go nuts for a day or two. I think she bit Gus in the face.
– I am now riding Frankenbike: Mark 2. It’s not really a Frankenbike – it has all its moving parts, only the wheels had to be replaced. It is infinitely better than Frankenbike Mark 1, which has been disassembled and its parts subsumed into the Borg collective of bicycles that is our back porch. Frankenbike the 2nd is fast.
– I bought a decent pair of headphones. They have made me a stereotypically rude Ipod user, since now I can’t hear anything anyone says to me when I’m wearing them.
– I didn’t practice for a week due to the horrific ragweed allergies. I switched antihistamines and started practicing again today. Not practicing for a week probably improved things more than practicing for a week would have. Weird.
– I am not the only one affected by the massive ragweeds. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. Seriously, do you live in Southern or Central Ontario and feel like you’ve had a horrible cold for the past three weeks? Have you developed asthma recently? Do you wake up in the middle of the night and sneeze twenty times in a row? Then you have ragweed allergies. DEATH TO RAGWEED.
– I failed in my summer plan to create an Iphone app.
– I now own a Tshirt with the young Tammy Faye Baker silkscreened onto it. (Thanks, Jen!)
– Steel wool and CLR.
– The vegetarian thing is going OK. I ate a pig’s worth of meat at my parents’ last weekend, but that was always part of the plan. I am becoming more inventive in my use of beans.
The Madeline-biting-Gus thing worries me, since we’ve trained him not to be aggressive, he is getting lazier and lazier, and she is getting – frankly – kind of bitchy as she gets older. (She’s almost four, which for a dog is like being in the late twenties or early thirties.) I don’t want her to bully him.
OK, time to feed the dogs and get on with things. I will spill the big news when it comes…hopefully soon…