Working vs. Pretending to work
Note to self: these are not the same thing.
Insight into the self vs. Showing off
a) “Wow, I have deeper feelings about zoos than I thought I did” or b) “Destroying capitalism is an integral part of my sexuality”**
WordPress vs. Blogger
I actually don’t have any opinions on this anymore. I’m pretty firm in hating on Disqus, though. I mainly browse the Internet on crappy out-of-date devices and Disqus DOES NOT WORK on a 5-year-old Ipod Touch, OK?
Beer vs. Wine
Poetry vs. Prose
Well, what is this?
Classic Doctor Who vs. New Doctor Who
DIFFICULT QUESTION. There are more like 5-7 distinct periods of Doctor Who – maybe someday I’ll go back to school and write a PHD thesis on it!*** Short wishy-washy answer: there are great episodes/story arcs in both, as well as some real stinkers and missteps. You know how I feel about Moffat, but then again I’ve been watching the 6th Doctor episodes lately and if the show can come back from that it can come back from ANYTHING.
Rob Ford did crack vs. It’s a left-wing conspiracy!
a) Rob Ford smoked SOMETHING from a pipe; he clearly is not a crack addict, but he might have done it once then gone back to hash or lines or whatever else it is he normally does. b) Why would you conspire to make Rob Ford look stupid when he’s so good at doing it on his own?
Twitter vs. Snapchat
I am too old to use Snapchat. Get off my lawn!
- I seem to be incapable of making anything fermented (yogurt, tempeh, etc)
- I do the crosswords and Sudoku in the free papers on the subway and leave the paper on the seat
- I also put my feet up on seats in transit (if there’s a free one)
- I will totally judge you if you carry your dog in a purse
- When someone you know writes about a social event you were both at on their blog and you’re like “OMG that’s what you were feeling like? D:”
- Trying to navigate the sidewalk while pushing a stroller on garbage day, running into like 8 seniors in those motorized scooters
- When the cashier at the drugstore says “Would you like to buy a heart for two dollars? The money is for heart transplants for babies” and you say no and everyone in line looks at you like you’re literally Hitler
- When you run into someone you know, realize you’re going the same way on the subway but don’t really want to talk to them for 8-10 stops, so invent an errand to get out of it and have to hang around somewhere random for 10 minutes to avoid running into them on the platform
Maybe someday I will write real blog posts again. This is not that day.
I did write a poem a few days ago, so maybe I’ll look at it again, totally rewrite it, and post it.
*Literally the thought that went through my head before I opened a Word document and started typing
**I didn’t make that up! I ran across someone on Twitter who put it in their bio. More power to them, but WTF?